What to Do If You Have a Car Accident -Brief Notes

It’s difficult to know what to do after a car crash. Here are a few commonly asked questions regarding important considerations. If you would like to learn more about this, please check out https://www.grandrapidsautoaccidentlawyer.com/what-should-i-do-if-i-have-a-car-accident

Question: Other than calling the cops and waiting at the accident scene, what can I do?

Call a personal injury lawyer with a lot of experience. He’ll dispatch an investigator to the scene of the crash to question witnesses, photograph the extent of collateral damage, and quantify skid marks. Most police officers will conduct a better investigation if they are aware that someone else is conducting their own investigation. The vast majority of personal injury lawyers have a “No Upfront Fee” policy, which means you won’t be charged if your case isn’t worth much.

What if I tell the cops I’m injured and in pain, but he records the incident as a non-injury accident?

First and foremost, this occurs often. There’s no way to guarantee that won’t happen. If you are injured or in pain but are able to drive yourself to the doctor or hospital, tell the officer that you are hurt and will be taking your own ride. The officer would be more likely to note that you have been wounded.

What if the paramedics arrive and I’m in some pain, but not too bad? May I request that they transport me to the hospital? What if I say no?

Answer: Victims of car accidents are often shocked. You’re “out of it,” dazed, and possibly nauseated. You’re not really sure of how you’ve been hurt. Ask the paramedics to check on you and see if you are awake and well. It’s probably safe to drive yourself to your own doctor or hospital if the paramedic says you’re fine. You can’t be charged for arriving at the scene unless you’re taken to the hospital.

Do I go to the emergency room if I’m experiencing neck pain from whiplash?

Answer: For mild neck pain, it’s normally best to avoid going to the emergency room. The explanation for this is that treating muscle and joint injuries in a hospital emergency room is not a good idea. Soft-tissue injuries, as they are known, are best handled by doctors and therapists who specialise in treating car accident victims.